MARIANE KAROU is the founder of Dance Alive, Inc., an integrated, comprehensive system of movement. Her professional life began at age 18 teaching preschool, where within a month she had become the director of the entire drama/dance department. Today she is a formative leader, master teacher,innovator and pioneer in the field of movement, somatic education and life training. She is recognized as an expert in stimulating creativity, clarity, and balance throughout one’s whole life.
In this episode we talk about:
- Seeing her brother develop schizophrenia and be healed by dance therapy, only to have it taken away and see his illness return.
- The necessity of embodiment practices for all men AND women.
- What every woman needs to know in order to have loving, communicative, and empowered relationships with men.
- The exact things that make men so relatable and lovable.
- Choosing between worldwide fame and success or her family, and how her choice ended up allowing her to have greater impact than she’d ever have been able to otherwise.
Quotes from this episode:
“By me actually receiving your energy it’s like wow! Not only can I use this for me in everywhere that I need to go, I can also give it back to you and say thank you. Thank you for your energy. Thank you for your attention. Thank you for being so present with me. Thank you for being so steady and connected to yourself.”
“I can’t include you as a male if I’m not including myself as a female.”
“[As a woman] men are always telling you how they feel. They don’t always use words but they’re so clearly on board. That’s what I love about men. If I’m open men are just right there, so present. All they’re waiting for is women to be open.”
Resources from this episode: